Is there a better day to make an update about a game in which we care for evil creatures little hearts? NOP!
The next release will be EVIL (https://github.com/OpenDungeons/OpenDungeons/issues/9) and will show to the world our dark dedication to its destruction and slavement for fun and profit. But meanwhile you can grab this version and have a little taste for it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5t4wgigjtqd2s ... 2.zip?dl=0 (win32)
With the above dev release many improvements were made included and bugs squashed, sadly it included a few bugs which are already corrected in our Github project page (https://github.com/OpenDungeons) like the Great Chicken Crossing (TM), they are still here, dont mind them. The upgrades made over the last version are not to be laugh at anyways :
- Enormous creature behavior improvement, Miners dont go on strike anymore!
- Miners won't dare to attack either fighter creatures or rooms, they learnt their place!
- Fighters creatures being too hungry or drowsy have a chance to flee instead of fighting.They will also flee when near death!
- Creatures have now a different speed and passability depending on the terrain (water, lava, dirt)
- Added support for team alliances!! Now you can compete with a friend or an ally AI against opponents!
- Added support to start a game with a given amount of gold!
- Improved traps. They can now be fought either by claiming or fighting them!
- Now the server tells the clients which map to load. the clients don't have to chose one, risking unsync errors.
- Made the level internal name displayed in the loading list and added the level description and info when clicking on one level in the list.
- Added new refined in-game GUI, dropping a lot of the old generic skin
- Added price display for rooms and traps
- Colored in red the price text when building a room/trap is too expensive.
- Your playing color is now displayed on top of the screen
- Improved spatial sounds support.
- Improved music handling so one specific track can be called using its name, and added cross-fade support.
- Added support to trigger a battle music when your minions are struggling.
- New sounds when depositing gold, dropping a creature, menu click-sounds, ...
- New slime monster
- New chicken coop in the hatchery
- New in-game font, more evilish
- New Models for rooms
- New Spike trap!
- Added a loading menu
- Added support to choose the current team id of entities placed on map.
- Added minimap support for the editor
- A huge work on bugfixing, too.
- Some big work on making OpenDungeons installable on Linux and thus packageable, and on overall cmake handling of the program and its dependencies.
- Reorganized Credits and clarified Licensing. I our humble opinion, OD is made of 100% open-licensed stuff.
- Fixed the weird luminescence seen on certain wall tiles due to the incomplete appliance of normal textures.
All of this thanks to our coders and modelers, next release will include a lot of new 3d models and functionalities! Check out our forums or github for fresh news or updates! the real action happens there!